August 02, 2007

{Today's soundtrack}

Caught myself making a playlist called '* really nice' (add a star * so it sits at the top of your playlist library) because I couldn't swamp myself with enough sounds in exploration of a thing that's burrowing somewhere deep and making me smile at strangers in the street.

It's one of those feelings when you get a rare glimpse into a place not really in our remit to understand, but you just know everything's going to be alright. I mean, you really know.

Rather than a quiet addition at the end, today's soundtrack is something bigger to dwell on while tilling the heart's soil - I can't really talk too much about this, here's the playlist (track/artist):

1. Roscoe - Midlake
2. Chromakey Dreamcoat - Boards of Canada
3. Spiegel im Spiegel - Arvo Part
4. Sol - To Rococo Rot
5. The Plug - Bonobo
6. Flim - Aphex Twin
7. Ralome - Plaid
8. Any Other Name - Thomas Newman
9. Fault Line - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
10. Salvation - Rae & Christian
11. Bad - U2
12. Want You to Know - Freelance Hellraiser
13. Tristesse Globale - Royksopp
14. Safe in Your Arms - Beth Orton
15. Break Me Gently - Doves
16. Above the Clouds - Turin Breaks
17. Be Here Now - Ray LaMontagne
18. Earth To Calm - Scott Matthews
19. The Part Where You Let Go - Hem

Waves of sound, waves of feelings, waves of experience.





So soothing and strong, the wave is one of the best poems I know. It doesn't deny the present but it still tells you something else is on its way. That is what tilling the soil is about too - paying attention to the ground today knowing there are seeds yet to be sown. That - I think - is why my sounds receive higher billing today because they acknowledge such rhythms.


{Today's soundtrack: as above}

1 comment:

lorna said...

Awww, look at the colours in those photos! I could lose myself in those for weeks.