August 24, 2007

[ interlude ]

Apologies for the delay since last posting. The Homeland story will continue soon once the absorbing events of this week are navigated. These include development of that *amazing* job announced way back on May26th (details coming soon), and my Great Aunt's funeral, which was yesterday.

The funeral wasn't really so sad - Auntie Ros was a very old lady who was probably blessed in passing on, and the few family that were gathered had a special and happy time together remembering her. She lived overlooking Dartmoor, and in memory of Ros today's images are only in my head, collected about twenty years ago - the view from her sitting room across the moor to Hay Tor, the bright blue of her ducks' eggs (which I'd never seen before), and tiny, yappy chihuahuas running around chintzy sofas and a muddy stableyard. A lady of the outside places, bless her and her looking out and up to the hills.


"I lift my eyes up to the hills - where does my help come from?"

Psalm 121



{Today's soundtrack: Mahler's Fifth Symphony}

No comments: