August 15, 2008

Corkscrew


[ in response to this morning's hair-raising shadow ]

I wasn't sure whether or not this should actually appear on the news page, but settled for posting here instead as it is a source of inspiration.

This is my hair, and it seems to be forming shape, and this, my friends, is worth noting.

The humid weather has lately, I suspect, caused a boom in profits for those manufacturing frizz-reducing hair products. It is likely the ripples will be felt as far as implementation of proposed Controlled Parking Zone restrictions, as hair across the nation refuses to be tamed and spreads rebeliously wherever there is space.

Enough is enough.

Today I visited the stylist to have highly cumbersome locks addressed. Not only have I learnt from another creative professional on her expertise and persistence in wrestling a Goliath-sized opponent, but the sculptural inspiration I am left with will no doubt feature in a drawing soon.

All these corkscrew curls make me think of wine bottles... I'm off home. Have a very lovely weekend. x

No comments: