May 12, 2007

Bill Nighy


Last night, some of my fellow lecturers, me and our photography students got together for a joint exhibition of our colour photographs. We're all gearing up for the final projects and end of year shows, so this is like a great warm up a few weeks beforehand. Mostly, I knew this exhibition would consist of quiet landscape and thoughtful, derelict interiors, plenty of intelligent conceptual work and some beautiful abstracts, but I was right in predicting there wouldn't be very much eye contact. I thought I'd address that by submitting this single picture of Bill, because it makes me smile everytime I look at it, and I figure there are a few people around who could do with that too - not least those students who are working so hard at the moment and really feeling the pressure.

Here's to you - you'll be grand.


{Today's soundtrack: 6music}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of a great man.

Betty Silk said...

Thanks - and yes, he is great isn't he?

Anonymous said...

made me smile a lot !

Anonymous said...

Hey darlin',

'Tis great to see this photo again. It's a classic!

Betty Silk said...

hey randy, thanks. I've never published this photo before!

Have we met?