March 30, 2011

Live Like A River Flows


Reposted from May 07, 2009

Unfolding

"I would love to live like a river flows,
carried by the surprise of its own unfolding." *

Chatting today with a new friend, we mused about different seasons in life, mourning the loss of those past while grasping the purpose in those current. He asked me what season I was in now, and without too much hesitation I answered, "Spring". I was trying to remember this quote and got the words all mixed up, so regret stumbling my way through a potentially eloquent moment!

Hopeful spring, it's impossible to detail precisely how the plants will grow or what shape the flowers or fruit will be. And so it is that we are–like the river–surprised by the unfolding, captivated and compelled to keep moving forward. It's the nature of growth.

...I hope the arrival of Spring will cause some fresh unfolding.


* Words from John O'Donohue's Conomara Blues


{Today's Soundtrack: A student's seranade}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just looked at your photos on rejesus - 'Lizzie Everard's blessings, - and they brought me to stillness at the end of day. Thank you. D

Betty Silk said...

Thank you for that D, glad they helped.