March 15, 2011

For The Record

Right then. So to begin the week, I am not showering you with any fancy type of photography. And neither must you expect great insights from me. No, this is just to prove that:

a/ what I said about my dead containers in the smallest-garden-known-to-man is true. See? They really are not an advert for fruitfulness, are they?

b/ this is actually the state of things. It is important to mark because once things start growing I will - full of springtime bliss and skipping through daisies with flowers in my hair - forget where I've come from this winter time (actually and metaphorically). That would be foolish.

and

c/ especially for fans of #frogwatch on Twitter, this theatre clearly needs some prep. Last summer my yard was a jungle of busy lizzies under which many frog antics occurred. This year I'm switching to sweetpeas, violas and pansies, and herbs instead of tomatoes. I'll get to work on the set-building, then let's see what effect those sweet, heady scents have on the little hoppers!

But really, I just think it is always good to remember where you have come from, to register or acknowledge the work it will take to move on from enduring a situation you thought would be your landscape forever. This is telling it just the way it is, for the record, full of anticipatation.


{Today's Soundtrack: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu}

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: