March 28, 2011

Another Lightness


First posted October 28, 2008

Light : 03


The 'stinky back alley' I referred to in last post. I thought this photograph was lost in the robbery (almost two years ago now*) but holding my nose and diving in to a cluttered inbox for some long overdue filing under 'b', there it was, thank goodness, as if to prove a point that in the midst of rubbish out shines beauty.

In tandem to this post, the extraordinary–yet–humble story which occurred as I knelt in a flowerbed surrounded by empty bottles of Lambrini is now up on news. With thorny plants catching my jeans, it struck me what a very strange throne this was as I observed such a momentous occasion as the Angels landing. But it is fitting, as this whole story has been one of good things coming out of darkness. The first phonecall I received to come on board with the project came 2 days after that robbery, which cleaned me out in more ways than can be imagined.


* PS> Actually now 4 years ago. Come such a long way down that alley and out the other end, but the characteristics of the journey have not changed. 


{Today's soundtrack: The Shins}

No comments: