December 23, 2006

Things I've noticed

As I still don't have a computer, (if anyone's into praying please would they send one up that the insurance company stop trying to catch me out and just pay up - I know they're just doing their job but I'm no criminal and just need my tools back) posting to the lightbox is interrupted - you may have noticed. I thought I would leave you for a few days with some pictures I've taken in over the last couple of days. Simple, but seasonal.

*
A window coated in condenstation, some little rivers of water making their way down the pane so you see a real thick fog, but are not sure whether it's still condensation or the winter weather outside; does the source of your confusion really lie where you thought?
*
Satsumas: the little orange fruits remind me of a collection of people (segments) wrapped up together in a safe place. Hold it in your palm and wonder how it would feel if you were big enough to hold the world like that. Would it break your heart or melt you with compassion?
*
Little flames on candles, always burning, always hopeful.
*
Faces of friends sitting in the candlelight in my home, laughing at something ridiculous and eating food I've made, quiet looks towards each other that give away how important we each feel it is to be there together - but those glances are fleeting. Watch carefully...
*

Here's to being confused, seeking the company of friends to keep you on track and loved up, and having a time of year that's designated to treasuring those very people. A happy and peaceful Christmas.

1 comment:

Ellen Loudon said...

our sitting room so full of family - teenagers are purched on footstools and cushions...all talking at once and laughing loudly.