February 15, 2007

Nomads



Hello, I'm back.

With some very strong pairs of hands and persistent hearts to help, these wheels have been guided out of the ditch, at last! Thank goodness, and a tribute to perseverance. Thank you.

I'm really pleased to report that it is worth hanging in there. Don't give up, don't sell out your integrity, and be gracious in the face of it all. Although hard work, coming out the other side is a lovely feeling.

Keep moving.

Even though we wish life would stand still every once in a while, when it does so uninvited the frustration can be intense. But in the wilderness place I heard a little voice saying "keep going", so I did, and along the way learned things about growth, healing, becoming, as opposed to already being complete and having achieved those things.

A friend of mine talked at a wedding on Saturday and discussed how, as life is constantly changing, so are we, and we must therefore encourage each other as we grow, and seek to accommodate each other's changes rather than fight them. How brave, and generous, and it strikes me that you can't truly do this for another person until you can do it for yourself.

Someone once said, "Life moves pretty fast, and if you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it."

We must keep moving with life because that's what it's there for, but if it should park up on you take a good look and see what's growing.


{Today's soundtrack: DJ Shadow - 'This Time' from The Outsider}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! Missed you (and your pictures!)

lorna said...

Overawed to see you back Lizzie!!!!
I'm impatient right now, waiting for the 2nd March when I can collect my kitten. It can be difficult when waiting for stuff to not wish the days away. I'm trying my best to embrace each one along the way.
xoxoxoxox

Betty Silk said...

a kitten! meeooww! you are planning to combat rats with a small cute ball of fluff I see...

must come and visit!

xxx