July 29, 2010

@lizzieeverard



So, today I have mostly been spinning from all the new things that are pouring in to my brain via the medium of Twitter: friends, writers, musicians, campaigners, lobbyists, pioneers, artists, athletes and workers. I do confess, @tritwins, I do appear to have a mild addiction (@sonjajefferson and @jennybee to thank for intros to...), but then there is something precious about Twitsville for the sole-trader. For those of us who spend long hours working alone, this is the office banter that I miss - making post-it note beards and letting each other's office chairs down, as well as light discussion over the things that get to us and a shout for the inspirations and triumphs too.

Since adopting this habit of the tweets, contrary to how it may come across I am challenged to get on with my work and have something to contribute! Very sceptical for far too long, this is a one way street and I'm dedicating today's post to all my new tweet-pals who are enriching life and making the days of sole-trading a vibrant and rich experience.

Sorry if this is all so yesterday - I'm always slightly resistant to new technology. Right then, back to my stoneage life pre-twitter and the Flintstones coffee machine...




{Today's Soundtrack: Vampire Weekend - Contra}

No comments: