July 21, 2010

Hair Theory

I have a theory about hair - that it reflects externally what a person's state is internally. (Yeah, alright, just go with me on this one...!) Have a look around and ponder this, see what you notice. Of course, this is often harder to discern on our gentlemen friends, and more generally, I would hate to imply that those without much hair, male or female, are without a beautiful and sensitive, or indeed a complex yet beguiling inner-life. And facial hair too - how does this impact my theory? Go on beardy, chew this one over! I bet your choice of beard/mutton chops/moustache does actually tell us something about your inner harmonies after all, eh?

Today, my own wild, wiggly hair today is in such rebellion it needs trapping under a very large pair of headphones, and double measure, wound around a pencil for restraint. That I have run in a million directions away from the grown-up jobs I had decided to tackle today leads me to obvious conclusions. What more is there to say? The hair theory is borne.


* Obstacles to progress shall be named & shamed: twitter, cake shop around the corner, texting a friend on holiday, coffee shop up the road, twitter, reading interesting project ideas in old journals, twitter, feeling a bit post-birthday and searching for entertainment on youtube, chatting to mates in next door studio, tinkering with phone capture and Photoshop illustrations, music blogs, and twitter.


{Today's Soundtrack: Arcade Fire - We Used to Wait}

No comments: