December 07, 2009

The Rules : II


My little lion, how reassuring it is to find this picture, the poppet. (Look here if you want to know what I'm talking about.)

Laterally thinking today, I'm trying to come up with an indie/folk reworking of a fairly serious old carol 'cause I have to play it on Sunday for lots of people, but it's really hard. The syncopation is challenging, which is a problem as I have to steer a drummer and bass player too - as if I know what I'm talking about - ha! I've tried building in some open chord progressions so it's not so gloomy, but forget where they are and trip up, and now my fingers really hurt and my voice is going like I swallowed gravel for breakfast! I'm stuffed, but so is my bassist as I'm transposing but can't work out the new key. Latest is I'm thinking that for most of the set I'll ditch the guitar and lead three-way acapella harmonies instead. hmm... do you think I should reel this in a bit??

Oh flip. Anyone got a spare teacosy I can wear to distract everyone if I stuff up... ?


{Today's soundtrack, oh yes we're back and this I love:
Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man + Sigh No More}

No comments: