September 10, 2008

Sailor's Sweetheart

My 'Sailor's Hand' tribute the other day got me thinking. Although names weren't mentioned I know who I was referring to. The 'Sailor' will know too, and so will his sweetheart, and in fact it was she who first suggested those words which I remembered all these years on, then all of us who revisited them as I described.

She put into words what her man would be feeling, so it's unfair to misrepresent the Sailor's Sweetheart and put her words in his mouth. My tribute does remain the same for a man who has held firm and sailed his ship through fierce storms, but she really is the wind in his sails and brings a big heart on board! Thanks to her for saying what he was feeling.

There is no picture today, just an apology and an idea that I should visit them with my camera soon.


{Today's soundtrack: a friend + guitar on open mic at The Miners.}

No comments: