July 26, 2007

Kids in Limo's

Picture this one yourself.

"I love you! You're hot!" was the cry that caught my attention as I walked past Bristol's rude lap-dancing clubs, though as it was slightly high pitched I was confused. Ah, then I saw - five young faces squeezing out of a tiny window at the back of an enormous stretch limo, and this cry coming from the ten-year-old with extra hair gel. The irony of where we were at the time was totally lost on them, I'm certain!

It's hilarious, they may think I'm the woman of their dreams, but then so did the lads in next two cars which followed just the same route within minutes of each other...

I hope instead of cramming out of one tiny window all evening, inside that massive shiny car they're all revved up on Monster Munch, playing twister and doing robotics as every young kid should, not cat-calling a woman in her thirties who happens to be walking past a sex-club. Where are their parents? Get a * grip.

It was funny though.


{Today's soundtrack: Master Kong Nay from Cambodia, on UK tour}

{By the way, the accompanying documentary to Kong Nay's tour, 'The Flute Player', is a very moving and inspiring account of Cambodia's traditional music post-Khmer Rouge being resurrected for reconciliation with past, vision for future. See it if you can, it's good stuff.}

3 comments:

Steve Lawson said...

it's difficult to fault the taste of the kids though... I love you and think you're hot too! :o)

x

Anonymous said...

Yes, we can forgive children when they are wrong. We can't be angry with them, though sometimes they overcome borders...

Anonymous said...

But I think these children overcame borders, they are not in the age when they don't know how to behave. They know that it's wrong, but don't care.